If you are experiencing a deterioration in performance it is usually a sign that your tyres could need changing. For example if it takes longer to stop when you apply the brakes, or your car does not grip or handle the road as well in poor weather conditions as it normally does.
For additional information on Tyres
Tyres are one of the most important components of a vehicle. The tyre tread area making contact with the road is relatively small, only about the size of the palm of your hand, so if your tyres are worn or damaged it can seriously affect your car’s safety and handling.
Not only that, if your tyres don’t meet legal requirements, you could face a fine of £2,500 and 3 penalty points on your licence. The legal limit for tyre tread is 1.6 millimeters and it is your responsibility to ensure the tread is not worn bellow this limit.
Tyre manufactures mould tread wear indicators into the design of the tyres tread pattern, this is usually at the tread level of 1.6 millimeters, meaning that it is time to change your tyre as it has reached the legal minimum tread depth.
It is best to have your tyres checked by an expert as tyres wear gradually and this makes it difficult to identify reduction in performance.
We are able to supply most brands of tyres, balance wheels, repair punctured tyres and carry out four wheel alignment on your car if required, or if you just need advise please call and we will help you.
Causes of Tyre Wear
Tyre wear can be caused by a multiple of reasons, under inflation, over inflation, incorrect wheel alignment, camber and caster problems. Incorrect alignment is a major cause of tyre wear, quite often caused by the condition of the roads today. If your wheels are misaligned, one edge of the tyre can wear more rapidly than the other edge.
We recommend a weekly inspection of your tyres, check for uneven tyre wear starting to develop, the tyre contact to road surface area should look flat without showing signs of uneven wear.
If you are uncertain of the cause and would like us to check them, please call in and we will be happy to inspect them for you and advise if any remedial work is required to prevent further tyre wear.
We supply & fit most makes of tyres – Call us for a quote on 020 8551 8537
Latest Car Sales
- Jaguar XK 4.2 V8 2drView Full Details
- Audi A1 edit 1.4 TFSI S line Style Edition Sportback 5drView Full Details
- Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI BlueMotion Tech Match DSG (s/s) 5drView Full Details
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TDI BlueMotion Tech Match 4WDView Full Details
- Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport Sportback (s/s) 5drView Full Details
- Volkswagen Polo 1.4 Match Edition 3drView Full Details
- Volkswagen UP! 1.0 Move up! 3drView Full Details
- Volkswagen up! 1.0 BlueMotion Tech Move up! 3drView Full Details
- Volkswagen up! 1.0 Move Up Hatchback 3drView Full Details
- Volkswagen up! 1.0 Move up! 3drView Full Details
- Volkswagen UP 1.0 Move Up Hatchback 3dr (SOLD)View Full Details
- Jaguar XF 2.2 TD R-Sport (s/s) 4dr (SOLD)View Full Details
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TDI BlueMotion Tech Match (SOLD)View Full Details