Wheel balancing helps to ensure that the weight of the wheel is even when it turns. Every time a new tyre is mounted onto an axle, the wheel should be rebalanced to ensure it continues to rotate evenly.
Incorrect balancing not only causes vibration in the steering wheel, it can be felt through the body of the car.
Wrongly balanced wheels can also cost you money!
Incorrect balancing also causes premature wear of tyres and rapid wear of suspension parts.
For additional information on Wheel Balancing
Wheels that are not balanced or are out of balance generally produce a vibration that is uncomfortable to the driver and results in premature wearing of tyres, suspension and steering components.
When the wheel rotates, asymmetries of mass may cause it to hop or wobble, which can cause ride disturbances, usually vertical and lateral vibrations. It can also result in a wobbling of the steering wheel or of the entire vehicle. The ride disturbance, due to unbalance, usually increases with speed.
Wheel balancing can help to eliminate this vibration and you should notice a smoother ride. You will also experience more even tyre wear which will help to increase the life of your tyres, saving you money in the long run.
You should also have your wheels checked or balanced after an impact such as a kerb, pothole or stone, when a tyre looks abnormal or every 10,000 miles.
At Les Pauls wheels can be balanced on a wheel balancing machine. The machine rotates the tyre and wheel assembly and automatically calculates even the smallest differences in weight across the wheel.
The balancing machine then highlights the exact position where a balance counter weight should be applied. Counter weights come in different sizes depending on the degree of the imbalance.
We also carry out 4 Wheel Alignment
We also supply new tyres for your Jaguar or Land Rover. Contact us for a quote on 020 8551 8537
Latest Car Sales
- Jaguar XK 4.2 V8 2drView Full Details
- Audi A1 1.4 TFSI S line Style Edition Sportback 5drView Full Details
- Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport Sportback (s/s) 5drView Full Details
- Volkswagen up! 1.0 Move up! 3drView Full Details
- Volkswagen up! 1.0 Move Up Hatchback 3drView Full Details
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TDI BlueMotion Tech Match 4WD (SOLD)View Full Details
- Volkswagen Polo 1.4 Match Edition 3dr (SOLD)View Full Details
- Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI BlueMotion Tech SE (s/s) 3dr (SOLD)View Full Details
- Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI BlueMotion Tech Match DSG (s/s) 5dr (SOLD)View Full Details
- Volkswagen up! 1.0 BlueMotion Tech Move up! 3dr (SOLD)View Full Details
- Jaguar XF 2.2 TD R-Sport (s/s) 4dr (SOLD)View Full Details